Paydens Pharmacy Privacy - Security - Encryption
PaydensPharmacy.co.uk is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and is part of Paydens Ltd. Paydens Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
- our commitment to respecting and protecting the privacy of people who use our website and our services; and
- how we collect and use your personal information.
- We will use your personal information to allow us to provide the services you ask us for.
- Personal information which you supply to us may be shared with other companies in order to provide you with a delivery service.
- Personal information such as your name, email address and order number may also be shared with third-party shopper review services.
- We share the minimum amount of information for the relevant purpose. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you.
- We will not sell your information to anyone for any reason.
- We will only send you information about our own products, offers and services.
- In some instances we will need to collect sensitive information about your health - such as existing health conditions or prescribed medication. We keep this information secure and will not share it with third parties.
The personal information we collect and how we use it
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and the management of healthcare systems. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of your information.
- We collect details from you in a number of ways when you request a product, service, offers or news from us from our website, emails, telephone conversations, and written and verbal communication. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you.
- This personal information will include your name, date of birth, address, email address and phone numbers.
- In some cases, for example if you are ordering pharmacy-only medicines from us, we will ask you for extra information to make sure that our pharmacists can check the medicine is suitable for you. This will mean collecting information about your health. This information will not be shared.
How we use your informationWe will use this personal information primarily to provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes. We may also use your personal information:
- to confirm identification when you contact us.
- to keep you informed of any special offers or promotions.
- to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your account.
- for statistical analysis.
- for record-keeping purposes.
- to track activity on our website.
- to improve and monitor our customer service to you.
We may also use your personal information for the prevention of crime and fraud.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We hold your personal information for as long as we have a legal or business reason to do so, which generally means as long as you remain a customer of ours or as required to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
Getting to know you better
We will collect and store details of all medicines and other products we supply to you.
We may use this information, as well as the other information we collect about you, to improve the quality of our website and services, as well as improving the personal information we hold about you. This helps us to build a profile of you, so we can send you marketing messages that should be relevant to you (unless you have told us that you do not to want to receive marketing from us). We will also put this information (which does not identify you) with other information so that we can use all the information we have to help us understand our customers and prospective customers better, including helping to predict which of our services may be of interest to them.
Please note that we will only send you marketing information about our own products and services and those of group companies and selected partners, if you have given us permission to do so (you have to tell us if you want us to send you marketing information). We will not sell your information to anyone else, for any reason.
Our service providers
Sometimes we use other organisations (service providers) to help us provide our services and improve them, including:
- delivering your orders and providing emails or texts so you can track your order;
- third-party shopper review providers;
- to process your transaction;
- helping us to analyse anonymous information about customers.
Where we need to share information with our service providers, we give them only the minimum amount they need to provide services to us and you. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you.
When using our website
We may collect information about you as you are using our website, such as information about your browser, which areas of our website you visit and what links you click on. All the personal information we collect about you is stored by us or by our service providers on our behalf.
We would like to get in touch with you, by post, email and text message, about products and services which we, our group companies provide and think you would be interested in, and to let you know about relevant offers and news. We will only do this if you have given us permission (you must tell us if you want to receive this information). If you no longer want to receive marketing information in a particular way, or receive any marketing at all, you can change your mind at any time. You can change your preferences by logging into Your Account or contacting us. You can also unsubscribe from further emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter email we send you.
Giving information to third parties
As well as giving our service providers information to help us provide our products and services to you, we may give your personal information to others (third parties) in the following circumstances.
- If we are selling or buying any business or assets, in which case we may give your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset.
- If we, or most of our assets, are taken over by a third party (as your personal information may be one of those assets).
- If we have to provide or share your personal information in order to:
- meet any legal obligation or a request from a court or the police;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
This may involve sharing information for the purposes of preventing fraud, carrying-out identity and age-related checks, and reducing credit risks.
The information that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
The security of your personal information is very important to us, and we take all appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect it from being seen or shared by people or organisations not authorised to receive it. When sending your personal information to a third party in order to provide goods or services you have ordered through our website, we will use reasonable ways of keeping your personal information secure.
You have the right to confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 and the common law duty of confidence.
We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidential Information, as appropriate and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional standards to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
Your right to see the data we hold on you
You can ask us in writing or by email for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. We must respond to your request within 28 days and there will generally be no charge for this service.
You will need to give enough information for our pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, your full name, address and date of birth). You will need to provide ID (for example, your passport, full driving licence or credit card or debit card) before any information is released to you.
Your right to correct information that we hold on you
If you think that the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate and/or incomplete then please let us know. If we have disclosed inaccurate data to third parties we will inform them of the rectification, where possible.
Concerns or problems
You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.